Boulder Ballet is hiring a full time Development Director to join our team. Start date August 1, 2021.
The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing all aspects of Boulder Ballet’s fundraising initiatives, including but not limited to major gifts, annual fund, planned giving, and special events. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Deputy Director and members of the Fundraising Committee.
About Boulder Ballet
Boulder Ballet is a classical, contemporary, and uniquely theatrical ballet company entertaining Boulder audiences for nearly 40 years. Devoted to celebrating the artistry, passion and joy of dance, Boulder Ballet is Boulder County’s foremost professional dance company and ballet school. Boulder Ballet is a 501(c)(3) non–profit organization.
• Supports the Executive Director and Fundraising Committee members in creating and developing Boulder Ballet’s major gifts program to include identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors.
• Manage the annual fund program.
• Create the planned giving program.
• Manage communication strategies, including marketing, public relations, and social media related to development and fundraising efforts.
• Maintain donor database, reporting and data analysis; gift acknowledgement, and maintenance of foundation, corporation, and individual donor files.
• Manage Colorado Gives and Guide Star webpages with up-to-date organizational information with the assistance of the Deputy Director.
• Assist the Deputy Director in aspects of grant writing initiatives including research, writing, and tracking when needed.
• Create monthly written development activity and fundraising reports and other database reports as needed for monthly board meetings.
• Work with board committee chair to schedule and send notice of meetings, provide materials and information as needed and requested, and take and distribute meeting minutes. Assist with task follow-up and completion.
• Manage the Board of Directors handbook and Board information on Boulder Ballet’s website.
• Bachelor’s degree in Arts Administration or related field
• 5+ years’ experience in professional fundraising with demonstrated success
• Familiarity with donor management systems such as Salesforce
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Passion for the arts
• Ability to motivate staff, board, and volunteers
• Desire to build authentic relationships with donors and volunteers
• Strong sense of initiative to complete set goals
The salary range for this full-time position is $60,000- 70,000.
Discounted health club membership.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Development Director.”