Flamenco Fantasy Dance Theatre seeks an energetic, reliable, friendly and well-organized part-time business manager to assist the Artistic/Executive Director with the operations of a busy nonprofit performing arts organization. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to work independently with minimal direction, manage multiple projects with a high level of attention to detail, is responsible, takes initiative, and thrives on a variety of administrative challenges. In addition, this position will support marketing and promotions of performances and classes.
Duties / Responsibilities:
* Manage performance details including overall scheduling, technical requirements and contract details.
* Facilitate communication between venues, Artistic/Executive Director and artists
* Create and maintain accurate financial records, donor acknowledgment and activity records
* Set up ticket sales and track payments
* Update website with new content including blogs, bios, photos and upcoming events
* Execute marketing plans for event promotion including print ads, press releases, social media, newsletter content, website event listings and media relations in coordination with advertising consultant
* Manage social media accounts including Facebook and Instagram
* Manage email newsletter including content creation, distribution list management and targeted messaging for performances, classes and general content
* Monitor email accounts and respond to or forward messages as appropriate
* Monitor and research performance and grant opportunities including SCFD grant application cycle, reporting and performances.
* Attend and/or contribute to:
o Annual Board meeting
o Regular in-person meetings with Artistic/Executive Director
o Monthly Business Meetings
o Rehearsals (infrequently, but if appropriate)
o Performances (as requested)
* Commitment to the Company’s mission of promoting flamenco to diverse audiences
* Minimum of a high school diploma or GED; associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
* 2-4 years of work experience in office management or clerical work preferred, ideally in a non-profit arts organization
* Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and/or with a minimum of supervision
* Exemplary computer skills required, including proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, and Excel (or similar Google apps)
* Ability to work efficiently and to complete assigned projects in a timely manner
* Ability to work a flexible schedule and access to necessary technology (computer, printer, phone, software)
* Demonstrated proficiency with social media platforms and electronic newsletters
* Graphic design skills preferred
Working Hours: Flexible schedule, occasional evenings/weekends. Average 10-15 hours per week.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, $14 – $20 per hour, depending on qualifications. Contract position, no benefits package
Location: Denver, Colorado
Title: Part-Time Business Manager
Flamenco Fantasy Dance Theatre (FFDT), based in Denver Colorado, is led by founder and artistic director, René Heredia. The Flamenco Fantasy Dance Theatre’s mission is to preserve and promote the art and culture of Spain by bringing the timeless beauty of Gypsy Flamenco dance and guitar to people of all ages and backgrounds. The company performs regularly throughout the region and Maestro Heredia provides guitar and dance lessons in Boulder and Denver.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references by email to email@example.com