Position Title: Teaching Artist – Dance
Organization: Cleo Parker Robinson Dance
Location: Denver, CO
Immediate Supervisor: Manager of Education
About Cleo Parker Robinson Dance
Cleo Parker Robinson Dance (CPRD) is an international, cross-cultural dance-arts and educational institution rooted in African-American traditions and the Diaspora. We are dedicated to excellence in instruction, performance and community programming. We view dance as a universal language of movement which transcends boundaries of culture, class and age while honoring diversity and inclusiveness throughout the global community.
Purpose of Position
CPRD seeks experienced and highly-skilled Teaching Artists in Hip-Hop, Modern, Ballet, West African, Step and Social Dance to join the Cleo Parker Robinson Dance (CPRD) Education Team. Teaching Artists have the privilege of bringing the world of dance to public school children (grades K-12) throughout the Denver metropolitan area. CPRD serves more than 14,000 students across the Denver Metro area in 40+ schools. CPRD’s Education Programs infuse arts into the curriculum, igniting the learning process, inspiring creative expression and developing a passion for the arts.
CPRD Teaching Residencies vary in length and occur both during and after school hours from September 2017-June 2018. Teaching Artists must be able to travel in the Denver Metro area.
Individuals with the following values, skills and qualifications are encouraged to apply:
• Upholds CPRD’s mission, vision and artistic standards
• Exhibits a good sense of quality and appropriate music
• Highly motivational and patient
• Demonstrates effective classroom management for large and small class sizes
• Trained in multiple techniques
• Excellent communication skills
• Exhibits a strong sense of dedication and passion for dancing
How To Apply
1. Send cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae and photo to Shelby Jarosz – Shelby@cleoparkerdance.org.
2. Please indicate dance genres/techniques you are proficient in teaching.
3. No phone calls please
4. Application deadline: September 1, 2017